Main Scale Chemistry Teacher
Required for September 2019
A Recruitment and Retention award may be available for a suitable candidate.
The Ferndown Upper School Science Faculty aims to create a centre of excellence for STEM.
We have a strong reputation for supporting and inducting NQTs and experienced teachers. The Science Faculty is a friendly, collegiate team, who work hard together to achieve high standards and have achieved excellent results. It is a strong faculty with high levels of recruitment and success at A Level, with many going on to take these subjects at University. There are four teachers of biology, three physics teachers and three chemists in the department.
We have a sophisticated range of STEM enrichment in place, including the EPQ, green-powered car and careers events. To further enhance our provision we are now running ‘Triple for All’, which means all our students will be entered for triple science GCSE. At FUS, we only teach our students in separate sciences and believe that they should have access to teachers with specialisms and high-quality subject knowledge.
Ferndown Upper School is a very special place to work because we have well-behaved students, who allow their teachers to teach, we focus on work-life balance to ensure that staff spend their time on the activities that actually make a difference and we have a friendly and supportive staff body.
What Ferndown Can Offer You:
- Great students who behave impeccably – you can make a difference to their learning.
- The opportunity to work with outstanding colleagues.
- Tight, robust behaviour systems.
- Highly visible and supportive senior leaders who have your back.
- Centralised detentions, including homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase), helping to underpin impeccable behaviour, so you are free to teach.
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – you do not need to mark exercise books – we do not have onerous or impossible marking policies.
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop – we believe that trusting our staff with autonomy helps to develop a strong staff culture.
- Centralised, shared units of work and resources.
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities.
- Really well-kept site and a very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset.
We welcome applications from both trainees/NQTs and more experienced teachers of chemistry.
An Application Form is available on our website www.fernup.dorset.sch.uk – please follow the link to Job Vacancies or via ‘apply now’ on the Dorset For You website. Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any further information, please contact Andrea Baxter on 01202 871243.
CLOSING DATE: Midnight – Sunday 24th February 2019
INTERVIEW DATE: Friday 1st March 2019
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with the Governments safer recruitment guidelines.
Ferndown Upper School values the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.