Our young people are growing up in a vastly changing world, preparing them for this world is a vital part of our Careers Education programme here at Ferndown Upper School. We are committed to educating every student with the most up to date Careers and Labour Market Information as they progress with us through the different key stages.
How can you get involved?
– By talking about the careers you have had and the local labour market regularly at home.
– Encouraging your child to request a 1-1 Careers guidance meeting, this can be done either through their tutor or emailing our Careers Adviser directly firstname.lastname@example.org
– Share your own CV’s with them.
– Look at the links provided on our resources page.
– Attend our events such as the annual Careers Fair as well as speaking to our Careers team at our open events.
– Attend local College and University open events to explore the possibilities at other providers.
– Provide us with your feedback, we’re always looking for ways to develop and improve our Careers education provision.
– Get involved yourself! If you work for an employer who you feel would be willing to support our careers education programme by providing support we would love to work together. Head over to our employer page for more information.
Our Careers Lead and Careers Adviser, Miss Giles, is always available at open evenings and events should you wish to seek advice or ask any questions about our Career Related Learning.