Teacher of Religious Studies
1 Year Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover) – Main Scale
with the opportunity of a TLR 2a for the right candidate to take on departmental responsibilities
Required from 1st September 2019, Teacher of Religious Studies, on a fixed term 1.0 fte contract until 31st August 2020. Please note we are a fast growing school and there is the possibility of the contract being extended.
We are seeking a committed, enthusiastic and suitably qualified teacher to join our experienced and successful social science faculty.
The successful candidate would undertake classes at GCSE, AS and A Level using the OCR syllabuses. RE is a highly successful subject with many students opting to study GCSE and A Level with excellent results achieved. We are looking for a teacher who is committed to maintaining academic standards and is enthusiastic about developing imaginative teaching styles to make Religious Studies/Ethics & Philosophy accessible and relevant and enjoyable for all of our students.
What we offer:
- Great students who behave impeccably, so you are allowed to teach.
- Tight, robust behaviour systems.
- Centralised detentions, including homework detentions (so you do not need to organise, run or chase detentions).
- Highly visible and supportive senior leaders who have your back.
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback, so you do not need to mark exercise books. We do not have onerous marking policies because we believe in verbal feedback.
- No formal graded lesson observations, just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop. We believe that trusting our staff with autonomy helps to develop a strong staff culture.
- Centralised, shared units of work and resources.
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities.
- Really well kept site, in a very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset.
If you would like the opportunity to have a school tour, ask any questions and meet our fantastic team before submitting your application, then please contact email@example.com
To apply, please click on ‘Apply Now’ on the Dorset for You website or alternatively an Application Form is available on our website here. Completed Application Forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any further information, please contact Andrea Baxter on 01202 871243.
A job description can be found here.
Closing date: Tuesday 21st May
Interview date: Friday 24th May 2019