Dear Parents and Carers,
I hope that you all had a restful half term holiday. Following the updated COVID-19 guidelines that came into effect on Thursday 24th February, we have received updated guidance from the Department for Education.
The full guidance can be found at the following link: Schools COVID-19 operational guidance (publishing.service.gov.uk).
However, the key updates from this guidance are summarised below:
- Contacts are no longer required to self-isolate or advised to take daily tests. All contact tracing has ended.
- Students and staff are no longer required to carry out twice weekly lateral flow tests.
- If students have symptoms of COVID-19 (a new continuous cough, a high temperature or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell), they should take a PCR test and should remain at home whilst awaiting the test result.
- Students who have tested positive for COVID-19 (via LFD or PCR) should not attend school while they are infectious. They should take an LFD test from day five, followed by another one the next day. If both test results are negative, they should return to school as long as they feel well enough to do so and do not have a temperature. If they are still positive, they must wait for two consecutive negative tests, a day apart. The diagram below summarises this.
- Students will be able to collect one box of seven test kits from school to take home to enable them to be able to carry out a test for suspected COVID or to ascertain whether they are now not infectious after having COVID. After this, since the school is no longer being issued with test kits, you will have to order test kits yourself via the following link here.
Your child, and our staff, will still be permitted to wear a face covering in classrooms and/or communal areas if they wish to.
Please do not hesitate to contact your child’s Pastoral Manager in the first instance if you have any questions.
Thank you for your continued support.