Required for September 2021 a teacher of physics at GCSE and A level.
Ferndown is a successful 13-19 Upper School that is a centre of excellence for STEM. We have a strong reputation for supporting and inducting NQTs and experienced teachers. The Science Faculty is a friendly, collegiate team, who work hard together to achieve high standards and have achieved excellent results. It is a strong faculty with high levels of recruitment and success at A Level, with many going on to take these subjects at University.
As a lead STEM school, we have a sophisticated range of STEM enrichment in place, including the EPQ, green powered car and careers events. To further enhance our provision we now offer ‘Triple for All’, which means all students will be entered for the individual triple science GCSEs. At FUS, we only teach our students in separate sciences and believe that they should have access to teachers with specialisms and high quality subject knowledge. We are looking for one teacher with a physics specialism.
What we offer:
- Great students who behave impeccably, you are allowed to teach.
- Tight, robust behaviour systems.
- Highly visible/supportive senior leaders who have your back.
- Centralised detentions, including homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase at all).
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – you do not need to mark exercise books – we do not have onerous/impossible marking policies.
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop – we believe that trusting our staff with autonomy helps to develop a strong staff culture.
- Centralised, shared units of work and resources.
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities.
- Really well-kept site and a very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset.
We welcome applications from both trainees/NQTs and more experienced teachers of physics. To apply, please click on ‘Apply Now’ on Dorset For You website. An Application Form is also available on our website www.fernup.dorset.sch.uk – please follow the link to Job Vacancies. Completed Application Forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any further information, please contact Andrea Baxter on 01202 871243.
Ferndown Upper School is a great place to work and we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: midnight Sunday 31st January 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with the Governments safer recruitment guidelines.
Ferndown Upper School values the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.