Outstanding Results Again at Ferndown Upper School
Congratulations to the students of Ferndown Upper School for their outstanding examination achievements. After receiving the highest Sixth Form results in Dorset for the last three years (combined A Level and Applied General value added scores), our students have achieved another excellent set of results.
50% of students received the top grades of A*, A & B and with over 99% of students passing. It is therefore of no surprise that some students who have done extremely well (please see the list at the bottom of the page). However the most pleasing aspect was that all of our students achieved to their full potential.
- The school is very pleased with the results for its STEM subjects, particularly Mathematics, where 50% of students achieved the highest grades of A* and A, and in Further Maths were 100% of the students achieved A* or A.
- The Creative Arts results were again superb, with the highlight being 100% A*to B for Textiles and Music and 2/3’s of the Fine Art students receiving A* or A.
- Other standout subjects were History, Sociology and Religious Studies where again 2/3’s of the students received grades A* to B.
- Other standout subjects were Spanish, Business, English Language and Literature, Photography and Geography, where 60% of the students received the top grades.
- Our vocational subjects of CACHE and Sport also performed extremely highly.
Headteacher Philip Jones stated, “I would like to take this opportunity to thank both the students and their teachers for all of their hard work and dedication. This has been a very challenging year for the students and they have responded brilliantly. I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of our students the very best for the future”.
Emma Imhoff: A*, A, A & A
Danny Miles: A*, A* & A
Hannah Cummings: A*, A & A
Charlotte Bowering: A*, A & A
Roxy Carr A, A, B & B
Charlie Walsh: Distinction, *Distinction* & Distinction
Eli Tarrant: Distinction*, Distinction* & Distinction
Molly Riddiough: A* CACHE (equivalent to 2.75 A Levels)