SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
Job Ref: XS4.5a Grade 5
SCP 13 – 17
£9.01 to £9.68 per hour
For 37 hours per week
Term time plus 5 Staff Training Days
Required to start September 2018, a Science Laboratory Technician to provide specialist technical support to teaching staff within the Science Laboratories. A specific knowledge of Biology is essential, although a flexibility to work within our other Sciences would be required.
- Be familiar with the safe and proper use of any specialist equipment and chemicals used in the laboratories
- Have previous practical experience in a Science work area
- Be willing to learn new skills
- Have an awareness of health & safety requirements
- Possess good interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team
You will have:-
- A vocational or academic qualification in Science at NVQ Level 3 or above
- Specialist knowledge of Biology
To apply, please click on ‘Apply Now’ on Dorset For You website. Alternatively, please logon to our website www.fernup.dorset.sch.uk and click on Job Vacancies. For further information, please contact Andrea Baxter on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date :- SUNDAY 20TH MAY 2018
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with the Governments safer recruitment guidelines.
Ferndown Upper School values the diversity of our
workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community