Work Experience at Ferndown Upper School
Thank you for your interest in applying to Ferndown Upper School for work experience. We offer placements every year to individuals who are interested in a career in education and pride ourselves in being a forward thinking school that encourages self-development for all. Before proceeding further, please read the notes below which will help with your application:
- A university student or graduate wanting a career in teaching or learning support?
Please e-mail our Personnel Officer, Andrea Baxter at AndreaBaxter@fernup.dorset.sch.uk in the first instance to check availability of departments.
- A graduate accepted on to a SCITT, PGCE or Teach First course awaiting your first term and in need of work experience prior to the commencement of that course?
Please e-mail our Personnel Officer, Andrea Baxter at AndreaBaxter@fernup.dorset.sch.uk in the first instance to check availability of departments: you will receive priority for places available.
- A trainee teacher on an ITT course?
Please contact your training provider to contact the school for details of our professional placements. We currently work with Exeter University and the Bournemouth and Poole SCITT (BPD SCITT) but are open to applications from new providers.
- An ex-student of Ferndown Upper School?
If so, we suggest that you apply for other schools in the area to gain a wide range of experience.
- A current student at Ferndown Upper School?
All requests are subject to availability, a brief application and an enhanced disclosure DBS check (if you are not in possession of a portable DBS and would like us to carry out a standard DBS check for you, there will be a £50 charge. This needs to be completed before you begin your placement with us).