From September 2014 our school catering facility will be run in-house by our wonderful Catering team.
This means we will have more control over what we serve and from where we source our ingredients.
We will also be changing the way in which students can pay for refreshments from SQUID to Parentmail +Pay (they can of course still pay in cash if they wish).
This is the system we use for you to pay for all things school related so in September you will only have one website to visit to pay for everything.
In due course, when you logon to Parentmail, you will see a dinner money option which will allow you to load money onto your child’s account; further instructions will be issued nearer the time.
In order to pay for school items (including lunch money), you need to register yourself with Parentmail – if you have not already done this, please see below (*) for instructions on how to proceed.
In September 2014, all students will be issued with a blue fob (instead of the SQUID card) that can be attached to their keyring or popped in their wallet.
Students entitled to Free School Meals will have their entitlement added on to their account automatically every night ready for the next day and their fobs are exactly the same as all the others, so they are not identifiable.
Please note that SQUID cards will no longer be valid in September 2014 and balances cannot be transferred over, so please ensure students have used up all their SQUID balances by the end of the summer term.
* Go to www.parentmail2.co.uk, enter in your email address and password 123456. Then follow the activation route to make a new secure password and registration.
If you have any problems, please contact Jayne Miller at the school on 01202 871243 ext 204.
Free School Meals
Is your child entitled to free school meals? You can apply if you are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support (IS) or
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual taxable income (as assessed by The Inland Revenue) which from 6 April 2011 does not exceed £16,190 or
- Income-Based Job Seekers’ Allowance (IB JSA) or
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related) (ASA(IRA)) or
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit or
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
For more information and to complete an application, go to the Dorset County Council website on this link: Free School Meals – Dorset for You.
Please note that once your application is successful, FUS will be able to offer you financial help with trip and uniform costs too.