Stasia Smith is Voted onto Dorset’s Youth Council
Congratulations to Stasia Smith for her successful campaign to become a Youth Parliament member for Dorset – we are all very proud of her.
Barcelona Trip Returns – At Last
Thank you to Mrs Moyano, Mrs Wateridge and David Ship for supporting our students so well on their snow extended trip to Spain, it was great to see them back safely this week.
Year 9 Parents’ Evening
Went very well last night and shows that our Year 9 have made a great start at Ferndown Upper.
Rearranged Year 13 Parents’ Evening
Is this Thursday 15th.
CERN Trip Meeting
We also held our parents’ meeting for our upcoming STEM trip to CERN, which looks a fantastic opportunity.
Stranger Stories Dorset
Apologies, but we have far more students being published than I had originally realised, so congratulations to them all and once I have the complete list I will include them all into my newsletter.
Many Congratulations to Ryan Symington in Year 9 Green 4. He is now the Junior Boys Champion in the Poole and East Dorset Schools Cross Country League.
Ryan participated in 5 runs in the Autumn term with his fellow Year 9 teammates, (Ryan Meredith, Ben Deretz and Ben Middleton). The runs were Sandbanks, Baiter Park, Canford and here at Ferndown. Ryan also ran for the county at Kings Park.
Cycling to School
We have had another near miss this week with a cyclist at the top of the school near the crossing that leads up to the George V playing fields and the middle school. Please can we remind all students and parents of a few rules:
- Please don’t cycle whilst wearing headphones, it removes your ability to hear what is going on around you
- Please don’t cycle on the pavements, there are lots of small children crossing here (from the First/Middle school) and you wouldn’t want to knock them into the road
- Please do remember to wear a helmet – it could save your life in an accident
- Please drive slowly whilst on school site
- Please be aware as you leave the school site there is an unofficial crossing which is used by three schools, pedestrians and cyclists
We will be discussing cycling safety at the next school council meeting.