What you will be studying?
Students will be study both Philosophy and Ethics.
Contents of the course:
- An introduction to philosophical methods
- Arguments for and against belief in God’s existence
- A study of how we make moral decisions and the reasons we give for our choices
- GCSE module ‘Capital Punishment’
- GCSE module on poverty
How you will be assessed?
- End of module tests, self-assessment and peer group assessment, class debate
Students develop a variety of different skills and attitudes throughout the course such as respect for others, open mindedness, self-esteem, critical awareness, reflection, empathy, communication, evaluation, reasoning. These skills and attitudes are vital in all work places.
Students are well prepared for the GCSE in RE (Ethics & Philosophy) and the A level. Students who have studied RE at GCSE and or A level have gone onto successful careers in the Police, Teaching, The armed forces, Psychology, Medicine and many others.