What you will learn?
- The course is new, starting in September 2013.
- It is designed to help students understand areas relating to Business, including the World of Work and Setting up a Small Business.
- The lessons are tasters, to get students thinking about what they know and what they want in the future.
- There are Options for students to extend their work in these areas in Year 10, with Business Studies.
- To develop all students’ knowledge of the areas linked to Business Enterprise – including Personal Finances, the World of Work and Setting up and Working in a business.
- To allow students to explore their ideas and options in relation to their own future. Developing more informed choices during their education and upon leaving school.
- To start students on the process of making more informed choices about their future.
Students can progress to GCSE and A Level Business Studies courses at Ferndown. Many are inspired to take part in business projects, such as Tycoons in School and the CEIL project for Post-16 students.
We want to encourage a spirit of entrepreneurship among our students and a belief that they too could run their own business.